Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Couple of New JustRite Releases!

Good morning to you! JustRite released a bunch of new stamp sets at CHA time and I can't wait to share with you the projects I created using them! The weather here in Chicago has been pretty mild, and I can't help but think that spring is right around the corner! With Valentine's Day past us already, my thoughts are already turning to Easter. JustRite has two perfect sets for this holiday! I used the new Scalloped Borders set to create the layers on my egg shaped card.  I added doilies between the layers to break up the bright colors a bit.  I stamped the sentiment using their other new set called, Spring Words.  It is a perfect set to have in your collection for all of the upcoming holidays. The flowers were created with felt and a Sizzix die I have.  The card base and leaves were cut using my Cricut. I added a bit of tulle to bring out the turquoise color a bit more.
My second project uses the same two sets.  The little egg behind the bunny was also stamped using the Classic Borders set.  I used the other Easter sentiment on my tag.  Both the tag and felt bunny were cut using my Cricut.  (Tag= Sentimental's Cartridge. Bunny= Kate's ABC's cartridge)


I added a bit of vintage lace, a rolled flower, and tiny cotton tail.
I also added a sparkly little clothespin to hold it together!

Be sure to visit the other designers for more spring inspiration! : )
Michele Kovack
Angela Barkhouse
Eva Dobilas
Debbie Olson
Barb Schram

8 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous, I love all the layers!

EllenaElizabeth said...

So lovely...just love both your designs but the egg is very clever.

Amy Johnson said...

Beautiful projects! I especially love the Easter Treat BAg.

Kit said...

gorgeous easter card, I love how you have used the paper doily :o)

Beth F. said...

That egg card is GORGEOUS!! I love the doily idea. I just may have to make a version of this for my easter cards this year.

Cricut Couple said...

I just love to see your designs on the JR new releases! They always so beautiful! Always inspiring!!!

Karla Yungwirth said...

Love this Easter Egg card, so beautiful! Your blog and projects are so inspiring!

Karla Yungwirth said...

FYI - I pinned your beautiful Easter Egg card to pinterest with your blog info - http://pinterest.com/karlayungwirth/card-and-scrapbooking-ideas/ - and so many people repinned it within minutes! Are you on Pinterest?